Google search

Google
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 7, 2008

I am 8 months old!

I am 8 months old today! Mummy cooks me a sumptuous lunch consisting of Bellamy's pasta stars with avocado, carrots & banana. It's my first attempt on avocado, so mummy wants to play it safe by mixing it with 2 other types of food that I like.. mummy is worrying too much, cos I finish them all.


Coffee/Tea break now consists of 小馒头, bread & a new addition - Healthy Times Teddy Puff thanks to SMH mummies' recommendation. And I can eat them without having to break it into smaller pieces - see how strong my gums are! (I am still bo-gay leh)


Mummy even witness me standing up by myself momentarily from sitting though I still can't balance well and fall from my standing position within a split second.





I am not sure if this is due to the after effect from the baby gym session - but Zee Yann shocked us by climbling up her stroller today while we are strolling along East Coast @ Playground.


Milestones that I have reached @ 8 months:

Physically
- hold onto support and move around (cot in particular) Or using one hand holding onto support, switch hand and turn head around while standing
- crawl up a slope or ramp easily
- move my wrist in clockwise, anti clockwise direction, mimicking waving - "bye-bye"? Or maybe it's blinking stars as in "twinkle twinkle little star"?
- hold my bottle with 1 or both hands
- bang 2 objects together (clapping hands next?)
- drop object and watch with amuse if it's dropped from a height
- turn pages of books with hands
- pull tissue out from the box and tear into pieces
- explore any types of bag

Socially, emotionally & linguistically:
- string a few syllabus such as pa-pa, ma-ma, mum-mum, ne-ne, da-da and some other non-recognizable syllabus
- chuckle easily
- demand for milk by saying "ne-ne-ne-ne" like a chant
- shake head to indicate "No" (I do not want to sleep yet!)
- express likes and dislikes
- show frustration
- able to link actions and/or names to an object (such as to crawl and reach out for her favourite 贝贝)

Others
- food repertoire has also been increased, to include new food such as fish, bread, baby biscuits, celery, watermelon, orange & avocado.
- need to be involved during mealtimes (cos I want a share too!)

No comments: