Google search

Google
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, June 4, 2010

Due... overdue

4 Jun 2010 (Fri)

My EDD is today! But still not much signs that the little one is joining us today... well 6 June sounds easy to remember too! As with the last pregnancy, thinking it's the last lap already (even though I hv kept saying that for weeks...) and doesn't help that I feel hunger more easily?! so we have been eating buffet and Japanese food - craving at third tri?? It's no wonder that my weight has since ballooned to 15kg! The consolation is this is 3kg less than pregnancy #1.

So we decided to do some last minute shopping - hence we pop by Expo for the Motherhood sale where JL sale is going on too. We bought quite a few things, spending abt $100 in total with the pampers deal being the most worthwhile. By then, it's passed Zee Yann's nap time so we plan to bring her home later after dinner at in law's place.

BH is quite intense during my sleep to the point I thought I may give birth but soon it stops and I continue to drift back to dreamland. False alarm as usual... Cos in my heart I keep thinking my waterbag will leak first.

By now TG and me are super sian, maybe we should ask gynae during my next week review on 7 June if I can be induced to end this misery waiting game?


7 Jun 2010 (Mon)

D day is here finally!! 

I had more regular contractional pain whilst sleeping - at least 3 to 4 times but choose to ignore n sleep away. However, the pain started to feel more uncomfy at 9am+, but still bearable. To make it worse, i started to experience backache too and somehow maternal instincts seem to signal to me that my prince is ready to be out today!! 

Luckily daddy is at home and decided to bring along the hospital bag since i am hving my gynae review today at noon. As I walked into gynae clinic I broke into cold sweat and after describing the cramps I experience this morning, the usual calm gynae quickly ask to do a VE. Ouchh!!! It hurts... But the good news is I am 4cm dilated! But wait a minute, I haven't had my lunch yet! We decide to proceed to labour ward and get it over once and for all!!

And the following events took place as far as I can recall :

1pm - At observation ward, take urine sample, change into surgery gown
1:15pm - enema administered
1:30pm - At labour ward and had epidurial administered by Paul Tseng's brother. 
Both gynae n hubby went for lunch whilst I just FB on my iPhone
2pm - Paul arrives and break my waterbag
I requested to increase epidural dosage as I can feel some pain. Push continues for another hour or so. Vomitted thrice at the labour ward. Some other side effects include sleepiness, itch, mild headache, feeling cold... but I doubt I can tahan w/o epidurial anyway.
4pm - Paul is back for final push and deliver of the baby.
4:23pm - Baby Zee How is out! He weighs 3.31kg, length is 50cm and head circumference 34cm
5:30pm - I am pushed to ward 626B
6pm - dinner (红糟鸡面线 + 黑豆汤)
But vomitted all out within half an hour!! Still it feels good to hv eaten some food after missing my lunch! Thank goodness I hv 2 pcs of toast in the morning.

What an eventful day!

No comments: