Google search

Google
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My First Fall!

28 July 2010 (Wed)

Day 52 - And I already experienced my first fall today :( And thank goodness there was a paper box and walls to cushion my fall against the otherwise hard floor. It all happened whilst mommy left me on the changing mat on the table after my morning bath, thinking it will be a quick 5 minutes to brush teeth and wash up. BIG MISTAKE!!

Mommy heard a loud thud and wondering what that could be - 6th sense tells me to check out the baby and was shocked when I couldn't find him on the changing mat. Where else could he have gone to... or wait a minute, perhaps I have left him at the cot or?? There he was, looking slightly sheepishly and cornered by the 2 walls and lying on top of the paper boxes! Panicky and worried, Mommy quickly picked me up and check if there are any visible injuries.. no, this brave warrior seems to be oblivious to the fall and there was no fussing nor crying at all. Phew...

What if its internal bleeding or other complication?? Oh no... I will have to be monitored closely for the next 24-48 hours to make sure I am really ok. At least the next milk feeding seems smooth.. we shall see.

A harrowing experience indeed!

Yes, don't think of them as immobile new born anymore... they are smarter/more capable than what you think they are.

Now, its back to the bumper mat on the floor!!

No comments: