Google search

Google
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Feeding struggle

What "terrible 2"? A lot has been said about all the terrible tantrums and things that a toddler approaching 2 will do. Even though I am not even at my 1.5 years of age, mummy is already feeling some symptoms of what a full-blown 2 year old will exhibit.

And the battle that mummy hates to have, is feeding stuggle and its finally beginning to emerge!

It all started recently after Zee Yann begins to demand self-feed for the past few weeks. While mummy appreciates my enthusiasm in self-feeding, but it really slows down the whole process of eating (in terms of efficiency: time taken!) which mummy is slowly accepting the fact. The other result is, I tend to eat lesser somewhat. Still, mummy has heard about how finicky some toddlers can be when it comes to food at this stage, so ok, will continue to take in her own stride. But the last straw comes when I start to spit my food out - and mummy has absolute no idea why I do it when there is still 1/3 of food left on the plate. Or could it be that this smart toddler is out to "see how mummy reacts" since mummy will sure show her disapproving look?? And mummy really loses her temper when it comes to food spitting. And she even whips up the same food that I spit to see if its really something about the food (bones maybe though hardly possible!! or maybe its that little vege that I suddenly dislike??) or its simply me out to have some fun. Sometimes, it works, I do swallow them, but sometimes, I continue to spit them out. And usually, after a few struggles and cleaning up, mummy will declare "surrender" and lunch/dinner will be over.

Giving me the benefit of doubt as always, mummy tries to present me with finger food, eg cauliflower, carrot cubes, bread cubes with cheese... and I am so happily picking up these food using my fingers (cos spoon and fork is so cumbersome), I finish them all fast! So I guess we have to change our presentation of food at times..

Another result of such erratic eating amounts/habits, means that I keep asking for milk even though I may have just drink an hour ago. While mummy usually rejects all these "additional feeds" but with my erratic eating habits, she start to relent and will offer if I persist long enough. So I get to have top-ups on top of my 210ml milk feed, and sometimes, I get to drink fresh milk right from the refrigerator.

So the battle continues for now...

Here's a pic of me with Mr Ronald MacDonald after a hearty Hotcake a few days back. I can finish close to a piece all by myself now.. yummy!

No comments: